Scratched, and glossy red mahogany.
After rubbing a deglosser on it I painted it with three coats of white primer.
Two coats of Aspen White paint.
A few scraps of barn wood…
We cut the barn wood to size and used wood glue to attach it. After 24 hours I removed the clamps and filled the side cracks with wood fill to make the board look seamless.
After sanding the wood fill I gave the top two thick coats of polyurethane.
Mr. Wright then built a box base to give the fireplace more height. These electric fireplaces are so dinky in size.
The box was painted a dark brown, then primed and painted the same color as the fireplace.
And here’s how it turned out:
It was residing in our master bedroom. The cool thing about this fireplace though, is that I can move it around the house whenever I want a change. Now it is in the living room, and I love turning it on when the whole fam is snuggling and watching a movie.
I love how it turned out, and it’s a great addition for our home!